With majorly all purchasing decisions taking place digitally and customers researching their needs online, E-Commerce Marketing has become increasingly significant for your business’s growth. E-Commerce marketing complements your digital marketing strategy. This happens as E-commerce marketing utilizes different digital channels to grow your business. According to SEMrush, there has been a +36% traffic increase across all the E-commerce categories during the COVID- 19 pandemic. Hence, E-Commerce marketing needs to be a part of your business plan. Before we dive into the intricacies of E-Commerce Marketing, let us get our basics right.
What is E-Commerce Marketing?
Ecommerce marketing refers to the act of driving awareness and action towards a business that sells its product or service electronically. Simply put, the products and services offered by your business are being sold online. This can be achieved with a few options like an E-Commerce website or store, enabling/utilizing social commerce or via marketplaces like Amazon and Flipkart. Social commerce can be channeled as well. It is a part of E-Commerce marketing wherein social media platforms are utilized to sell one’s products and services. According to recent reports, 59% of smartphone users favor businesses with mobile sites or apps that enable them to make purchases easily and quickly. With that being said, let’s understand how E-Commerce Marketing can help your business amplify its growth.
Benefits of E-Commerce Marketing:
Enabling E-Commerce Marketing can help your business reach various business goals. Some of them are briefly mentioned below.
- Availability- E-commerce sites make you available 24×7, allowing visitors to browse and shop at any time as per their convenience. Overcome geographical boundaries and be accessible for your customers with an E-Commerce plan. Let your visitors browse product category pages and use the site search feature to find the product immediately.
- Speed of access- E-Commerce provides the ease of operation and enhances the customer experience. Product pages and shopping cart pages load in a few seconds or less. An e-commerce transaction can comprise a few clicks and take less than five minutes.
- International reach- With e-commerce, your business can sell to any customer who can access the web. E-commerce has the potential to extend your business’ customer base globally. Reach a diverse set of audiences with E-commerce marketing.
- Personalization and product recommendations- E-commerce sites can track visitors’ browse, search and purchase history. This can leverage the available data to present useful and personalized product recommendations. This can be seen on Amazon product pages labeled “Frequently bought together” and “Customers who viewed this item also viewed.” that are displayed.
Now, it is time to know different types of E-Commerce Marketing.
Types of E-Commerce Marketing:
- Social Media Marketing: Leverage your social media for business success. Social media channels with shoppable features work really well to persuade customers into taking action. Facebook and Instagram shops are a great way to showcase your product range and help your customers make buying decisions without leaving the platform. Utilising the visuals, it is one of the most popular types of E-Commerce marketing. With each day passing, social media platforms are rolling out features encouraging e-commerce businesses by providing them support and training along with friendly features.
- Content Marketing: Providing informative and relevant content increases customer understanding for your products and services besides improving your ranking on the search engines. This is done with the help of content marketing. By writing relevant blogs, creating FAQ and DIY videos, educate your customers and clarify their doubts related to your products and services.
- Search Engine Marketing: With customers researching for every product online, it is important to be present on the search engines. Search engine marketing helps you reach the right audience in the right place. Ensure that your business is visible on search engines by considering ranking factors that matters. This also includes Pay Per Click and Ad campaigns helping your business stay on the top of results page.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing holds a valuable place when it comes to eCommerce. It is the oldest way of E-Commerce marketing. With automation, successful email campaigns can drive your sales and retarget your customers. It is essential for post-follow purchases, building strong relationship with your customers.
Besides, these Social commerce and Marketplaces can be a part of your strategy as well.
Now that we thoroughly understand what E-Commerce marketing and its benefits is along with the options we have. It is time to get started with your E-Commerce setup.
How to start an E-Commerce website or a store?
In case you are just starting your business, the first two steps are solely for you. For businesses, who have already started their journey but are not able to get desired results, your plan starts from step three.
- Product Research- Your first step is to know the products and services you plan to sell directly to your consumers. Once you finalize your offerings, obtain the products and get ready for the next stage in your journey.
- Research and plan- Evaluate your business idea and plan strategically. Analyze your competitors and learn from their strategies and models as well. Having a roadmap is essential for achieving your goals.
- Setting up the E-Commerce business- Finally, decide the name and logo of your venture, choose the type of E-Commerce marketing suiting your goals and vision. Optimize your E-Commerce applying SEO techniques and decide the sales channel.
- Launching your E-Commerce platform- Prepare for the launch of your E-commerce platform and get started.
- Post-launch- Once you launch it, it is time to market your store and reach out to your potential clients effectively via various channels.